Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Wild for Reborns is the first official reborn doll fanclub where collectors and artist are able to connect with each other and share their passion for reborn dolls

4 posters

Reborn bottles and paci magnets

luv4lil1s
    luv4lil1s

Reborn bottles and paci magnets  Empty Reborn bottles and paci magnets

Post  luv4lil1s Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:43 am

Does anyone recommend any special type of bottle to use when making a bottle? I watched a few videos on how they are made, and went out, bought some supplies, but did not have much luck. I got two different types of glue any the both peeled off and didn't seal the bottle nipple. So then I tried something stronger. It wasm't a flexible hold glue and it was too stiff. Plus I believe I chose a bottle that was not easy to work with. Being my first try at making my own bottle, I bought a cheap Parents Choice bottle from walmart, just to see how it would turn out and needless to say, I did not do well. So now I've ruined the thing with glue everywhere and need to start over. I'd like to be able to make my own bottle but I need some suggestions on how to get started.

Secondly, does anyone know where to get the magnets to make pacis? I went to three different places and all of the crafting/hardware/ect magnets they had were huge and black and were just not the same small silver ones I have seen before.

I am crafty and love DIY projects so I was really looking forward to making my own baby supplies...
    mypoeticspirit
    mypoeticspirit

Reborn bottles and paci magnets  Empty Re: Reborn bottles and paci magnets

Post  mypoeticspirit Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:15 pm

You need to use a clear silicone adhesive (there are many brands and you can pick it up at any hardware or big general use store like Walmart.) Once you seal the bottle then let it sit for 24 hours to completely "cure" before using. I get my magnets from ebay (and look for sellers located in the USA to cut down on shipping times.) They are called neodymium magnets and come in many sizes. I use the 3/8 inch diameter ones (I believe they're 1/8th inch thick.) They come in many sizes and thicknesses so you can just figure out what works best for you.) I hope I've been of some help.
    funwithreborns001
    funwithreborns001

Post  funwithreborns001 Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:45 pm

i would use sillicone glue and bottles that i have great luck with is the nuks they are m favs and dont worry i am new too.
    reborncrazy82

Reborn bottles and paci magnets  Empty Slilcone!

Post  reborncrazy82 Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:51 am

Use Silicone i use it on all mine and it works perfectly it never goes off and its just awesome!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm