Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Wild for Reborns is the first official reborn doll fanclub where collectors and artist are able to connect with each other and share their passion for reborn dolls

A Dallas Hello!

delilahfaith

A Dallas Hello!

Post  delilahfaith on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi!
    I didn't even know reborns existed until maybe 6 months ago! When I was a little girl, my favorite toys were always baby dolls. I had every kind you can imagine and I loved them all. Of course, as I got older and went through high school and college I naturally stopped playing with or buying dolls. I saw a documentary on youtube a few months ago about reborns and I was fascinated. The documentary was not necessarily flattering since it sort of made the reborn artists and/or 'moms' appear that they had no grasp on reality. This documentary really made me curious as to the talent it takes to create a reborn. I was astounded by all of the artistry!

I was thrilled when I found out that 'big kids' (aka adults) own these dolls and love them! I immediately wanted a little darling of my own but I was discouraged by high prices and social stigma. Buying or creating reborns isn't something that I think my family or friends would understand and I'd honestly rather keep it private than have it ridiculed. I'm kind of a sensitive, quiet person.

I kept searching online and finally found an amazing artist who is shipping out my 1st baby, Delilah Faith, in just a few days...I can't wait! I went to the store today and bought her an outfit and a brush/comb set. I have receiving blankets and hair accessories all ready for her. I'm kind of surprised by how anxious and excited I feel.

Anyway, I'm really excited to have found this group. It's wonderful to be able to share my excitement with a group of ladies who knows how I feel and is excited for me Wink Thanks, guys!
    Becky
    Admin

Re: A Dallas Hello!

Post  Becky on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Thanks for sharing your story....It;s also cool to have a fellow Texan onboard... I sometimes get made fun of for liking dolls at my age and I use to be very quiet but I'm finally getting out of my shell....you kind of have to when you are on two tv shows...LOL

Becky
    Lalaboobaby

Fellow Texan Too

Post  Lalaboobaby on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 am

I'm a Texan as well. I should have my first reborn in about 2 wks. I don't care what other people think as long as I'm happy. Well, I'm saying this prior to getting my baby and going on a first outing, lol. I just laugh anyway at myself, keeps me upbeat. Smile bounce rabbit
    luv4lil1s

a new baby

Post  luv4lil1s on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:47 am

Since you got your new baby, have you introduced your family to her? I am just curious how new moms "break the news" to family members or friends that have not heard of reborns before. I haven't really ever told anyone that I am interested in reborns yet, so it will be interesting to see how they take the news when my first baby arrives in a few weeks.

Sponsored content

Re: A Dallas Hello!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:49 pm