Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Wild for Reborns is the first official reborn doll fanclub where collectors and artist are able to connect with each other and share their passion for reborn dolls

2 posters

How I got into reborns

KatherineAlyse
    KatherineAlyse

How I got into reborns Empty How I got into reborns

Post  KatherineAlyse Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 pm

I have always loved dolls. I had three American Girl dolls when I was younger, but after I had graduated and moved out, they ended up in my parents garage sale. I was disapointed and thought about buying another American Girl, but worried I was too old for dolls.

About a year ago my son asked me for a baby doll, because I enjoy crafting I thought it would be fun to make him one. She was similar to a Ragedy Anne doll. I really enjoyed making her and have made several others. Making dolls and looking at dolls for inspiration, brought back the joy I had as a child. I realized it didn't matter how old I was, I wanted to get back into doll collecting.

I discovered reborns while watching a t.v. program and was blown away by how beautiful they are. I knew that instant that I had to have one. I ordered an Ashton Drake Cherish, but she wasn't what I expected. The way she was boxed up made me think that someone else had sent her back, then the company shipped her to me. I sent her back to the company feeling a bummed out.

I recently Paradise Galleries. I have now ordered a beautiful little boy from them. I hope he will be a keeper. I am saving up for a custom made reborn, I would also love to try to make one someday.

I am so glad to finally be embracing my passion for dolls of all kinds, especially reborns.
    Mcrzbutterfly4reborns

How I got into reborns Empty never too old to collect dolls

Post  Mcrzbutterfly4reborns Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:27 pm

I am 43 and I love dolls ever since I was a little girl. I wanted to have a little girl but instead had three boys.
    whom I love dearly. I still have my baby doll yet, and Lee Middleton dolls, and then discovered reborns from a Anderson show. Then I you tubed reborns and reborning. Then I searched reborns on Ebay. I have two biracial/ethnic girls Ava Josie and Elliejah Karson.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:04 am