Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Wild for Reborns is the first official reborn doll fanclub where collectors and artist are able to connect with each other and share their passion for reborn dolls

+4
Becky
delilahfaith
BakerGirl98
krystleslittlemonkeys1
8 posters

My long story LOL

krystleslittlemonkeys1
    krystleslittlemonkeys1

My long story LOL Empty My long story LOL

Post  krystleslittlemonkeys1 Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 pm

When I was in Grade 11 I took the Parenting course at my high school. As part of it we had to take a Baby Think It Over home for the weekend. Now at the time they didn't make Real Care Baby Think It Over so we had the standard ones where you had to use a key in the baby's back. I decided to sign up to take it for the Thanksgiving weekend because I wanted it an extra day. I got an Asian baby boy and I named him Jonathan. The day I got him to take home I was so excited! Our teacher had some bottles and clothes to pick out to take with the baby, so I took a cute little yellow sleeper, a bottle and a baby blanket. I wrapped him in the blanket and made sure he was warm because it was chilly out. From the moment I held him, I treated him like a real baby, because he felt so real. While waiting for the bus a woman thought I had a real baby and asked if she could see my little one. I told her it wasn't real. She sort of gave me a funny look so I told her it was for school. I got some strange looks on the bus but I didn't care. The first time he cried was about 2 hours after I got him home. I was so excited. The only thing I didn't like was that the key hurt my fingers when I had to hold it in so long. Other than that I loved every moment of having my baby. I actually didn't mind being woken up at night, though I didn't sleep very much anyway because I was afraid I wouldn't hear him cry. I took him to my mom's mother (my grandma's) for Thanksgiving dinner. I also took him to the mall. I even took him to Cullen's Garden Miniature Village with my dad. We went there before going to his mom's for dinner. So everyone got to see him and they were all taken up with him. I was lucky. My baby wasn't fussy, he was very good and didn't cry very much at all and not for too long each time. I just loved it and was sad to have to give him back. So I asked the teacher if I could take him again after everyone had their turn and she said I could. She thought I was nuts to want him again, but I didn't care. But when he started to cry that night, he stopped. His batteries died, so I had a very quiet baby that weekend, but I still cared for him as if he were real. Ever since that day I longed to have one of my own.

So fast-forward to 2001. I had gotten my computer the year before and had the Internet. One day I decided to go to the Baby Think It Over web site. I looked at it all and I immediately wanted a Real Care one. But I soon found on their site that they only sell to schools and such, so I was quite sad. I kept visiting the site to look at the dolls and wished I could have one. Then one day I found a link that took me to the page with a link for Neonates (the sister company to baby think it over who sold the dolls as play dolls). I immediately went to it and I wanted one right away. Well, at the time I didn't have enough money and I wasn't working, so I couldn't get one. But from that day on I kept e-mailing Neonates asking all sorts of questions about the dolls. I felt so silly being 19 and wanting a doll. But I soon found I wasn't the only one. So finally in the summer of 2002 I made up my mind to get a Neonate doll. I went job hunting and found a job in a week and I saved money all summer. I still think I'm nuts to have paid so much ($700), but I really wanted one. So I called Neonates and ordered an Electronic Caucasian Girl. I was so excited and couldn't wait to get her. I was nervous at what my mom would think though, cause I didn't tell her I was getting one. Well, she arrived the following week and I wouldn't let my mom know what it was until I got her out of the box and her batteries in. So I took her in my room and closed the door and opened the package. When I opened the box and saw her I almost cried. She was so beautiful. She looked so much better in person. And her wonderful baby powder scent was sooo nice! She took my breath away. So I went to take her out and was surprised at how floppy her head was. I held her a bit then put the batteries in and turned her on in SHOW mode. When my mom saw her she thought I was nuts. She still thinks I'm not normal being my age and playing with a doll but she has learned to accept it. But to me she is like a real baby. That weekend my friend, Denise, came over to see her and she loved her! My friend wanted one so bad! Anyway, my friend and I went shopping and she helped me buy some clothes for my baby girl and then we brought them back to my place and had fun trying them on. I have been through a lot of health problems since September 2002 and when I feel sad, if I just hold my little Hayley I feel so much better. I still wish she would cry like a BTIO did on a real infant schedule, because the practice would be good, but I love her just the same. She is so beautiful and I just love the feel of her in my arms and I love dressing her up.

In 2003 the Neonates company closed down and I managed to get them to refer past customers to the Yahoo group I was running for owners of the dolls. My group jumped from 3 members to over 30 in days! Most of us are close friends now and stay in touch often. We even had a meet up in Minnesota in 2007. There was 5 of us that went. It was such a fun weekend taking the babies to the Mall of America and the zoo and IKEA and having a girl's night party in my hotel room. I also got a Friends 2B Made doll from Build-A-Bear whom I named Vada.

In the fall of 2004, my mom and my boyfriend (now my husband) and I were at the mall. We passed by this store that had the Ashton Drake Real Touch dolls and I had to look at them and hold them. I immediately fell in love with Jasmine! So I asked my dad to get her for me for Christmas! And on December 26th, 2004 my dad got me a Jasmine Goes To Grandma by Ashton Drake. I re-named her Aleksandria, after my husband. She's such a cutie and looks VERY real.

I have a wonderful husband. We are the same age (both 30 now) and we have been together since November 15, 2003. He accepts my dolls and thinks they are very cute. We even take them out together sometimes.

On August, 26, 2005 I got Ashton Drake Charlie and re-named him Landon! He's such a cutie and the most newborn looking doll I have yet. I love him! In Spring 2010 a good friend of mine reborned Landon for me and put him on a cloth body.

On March 2, 2006 I got Aston Drake's Lullabye for Olivia from my friend Nicole who helps me run my Neonates and BTIO Fan Club on Yahoo. (We met when she became a member and even though she's in the US and I'm in Canada we hit off and I let her help me run the group.) I had planned to order Olivia at a later date from Ashton Drake but Nicole decided to sell hers and gave me one heck of a deal that I couldn't pass up! I don't regret it one bit. She came right when my cousin Brittany was taking a turn for the worst (Brittany was born with Cystic Fibrosis) and brought me comfort during that time. I do think she's my favourite. She has a cuddly cloth body, but has full vinyl limbs so she can wear anything and her head and turns from side to side. She's great! I re-named her Savannah.

In July , 2008 I e-mailed the Canadian company that sold the Real Care 2 baby think it overs and explained to them that I knew they only sold to schools but that my fiance (we were not married yet) had no experience with babies. I explained I thought it would be a good learning tool for both of us to have one. To my luck the lady agreed and gave me the number to call to place the order. I did and the very next day, July 24, 2008 I got my Real Care 2 baby. At first I named her Vada, but I soon could not justify spending so much ($1000) on her when she was essentially a better version of the electronic neonate. So I decided to sell my Neonate and re-name the RC2 Hayley. So in a way Hayley was upgraded. lol It was hard to sell her but I'm now ok with my choice.

On September 9, 2008 I received my first reborn. I got her off of ebay. She is the Vivian sculpt by Evelina Wosnjuk and I named her Avery.

Then in November 2008 I started to learn the art of reborning from my friend Amy (the same friend who reborned my Charlie doll), whom I met through ebay and my group. With her help I finished my first reborn doll on December 8, 2008. She is also by Evelina Wosnjuk and is the Estelle kit. I was so happy with my first reborning job. Much better than I thought she would look. I named her Chloe.

In the summer of 2009 I went to Fargo, ND to visit with Nicole for the 2009 Meet-Up. She surprised me by giving me an African American baby boy btio. I named him Braydon and I have since re-painted him. I also bought my first American Girl doll (Julie) on that trip and my firend Build-A-Bear monkey.

After that I started to make reborns to sell which I have been doing since. I also have donated a couple dolls to Lupus silent auctions.

I did, however make myself a toddler doll (the Arianna sculpt) last summer and I adore her. I love dressing her up!

I have other types of dolls in my collection as well. I still have childhood dolls such as a CPK and My Child doll. I have a mini AD doll my husband bought me two Christmases ago and I had the AG doll Kit that he bought me for our 2nd wedding anniversary. I recently have enjoyed buying 3 different sized OOAK soft sculpt dolls called Bebe Dolls.

Yep love my dolls! Smile I still have ongoing health issues which was diagnosed as Lupus but my newest Dr. says it looks another auto immune disease so I'm back at square one for a diagnosis. In the meantime I struggle with my health and as of late it has not allowed me to reborn as much nor play with my dolls much which I miss. So sometimes I will just hold one while watching TV and it brings me comfort.

I want to have a real baby so badly but hubby and I have been advised to wait till my health is better and more stable.
    BakerGirl98
    BakerGirl98

My long story LOL Empty Re: My long story LOL

Post  BakerGirl98 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Wow, very long story- but I enjoyed reading it...........thanks for posting it!!!! Smile
    delilahfaith
    delilahfaith

Post  delilahfaith Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:37 pm

I loved reading your long story! Smile I can't wait until my 1st reborn arrives...there is nothing better than snuggling a new baby.
    Becky
    Becky
    Admin

Post  Becky Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks for sharing you story...It was touching... I;m sorry about your health... I know how that can take a toll on you....It is so cool your hubby likes the dolls too.. My hubby likes them too and goes out in public and is starting got film my reactions.. My 13 year old is not wanting to film as much anymore...probally his age...lol

Becky
    allyw7

My long story LOL Empty my long story lol

Post  allyw7 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:32 pm

i liked your story Smile
    reborns4ever
    reborns4ever

Post  reborns4ever Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 am

sweet story but long but not to long
    rebornlover23

My long story LOL Empty THAT IS FREAKING AWSOME STORYjavascript:emoticonp(':lol!:')

Post  rebornlover23 Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 pm

I HAVE A BIG QUESTION WERE DO YOU SELL YOUR REBORNS I HAVE 2 1 FROM ASHTON DRAKE THE HUSH LITTLE BABY LIFELIKE BREATHING DOLL AND 2 PARADIS GALLERY MY BUNNY FOO FOO I WANT A NEW ONE REALLY BADLY ALL THAT I HAVE LOOKED BUT MY BUDGET IS ONLY $130 PLZ HELP
    Very Happy Embarassed pale Surprised
    ash9

My long story LOL Empty so sweet

Post  ash9 Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 pm

aww so sweet it shows you care for them Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:39 am