Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Wild for Reborns is the first official reborn doll fanclub where collectors and artist are able to connect with each other and share their passion for reborn dolls

2 posters

How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story

mypoeticspirit
    mypoeticspirit

How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story Empty How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story

Post  mypoeticspirit Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 pm

Okay, this may sound a bit strange but this is how it happened. My hubby and I love watching all those ghost hunting shows on TV. We also enjoy scary movies. But I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to these things and I found myself wanting to cuddle something for comfort while I watched them. I had heard of reborns before and thought they might be perfect for this purpose...so I started researching them and was instantly hooked! I found an adorable little premie girl on ebay, and she turned out to be so comforting to me that a second baby girl soon followed. For the last 5 years, these two have been my blessed little companions and I absolutely adore them both. Funny enough, I only very recently stumbled upon the reborn YouTube phenomena. It was truly inspiring to see how other people love and interact with their reborns! I've started subscribing to some of the channels, joined this forum, and am working on a new nursery space for my girls. And best of all...after 5 years, I'm now reborn pregnant again and expecting a delivery in mid-to-late February!
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story Empty Congrats!!!!

Post  Lalaboobaby Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 pm

Ahhh love the story hun. I'm excited for you and your upcoming new addition. When are you expecting?
    mypoeticspirit
    mypoeticspirit

How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story Empty Re: How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story

Post  mypoeticspirit Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm expecting sometime between Valentine's Day and early March. I can't wait! My other two have closed eyes and this little girl will have open eyes. I'm a bit nervous because I've never actually seen a reborn with open eyes in person and I wonder what that will be like when I hold her. I'm so used to my little sleeping girls.
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story Empty Open Eyes

Post  Lalaboobaby Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:23 am

I'm sure she will be beautiful. For me I have never seen ANY reborn doll in person. So this is a whole new experience for me. I did alot of YouTube, Ebay and blog searching before I settled on one artist to create my custom. I'm so excited and a little nervous at the same time. Wednesday my artist was going to begin the rooting. Hopefully Friday she will be finishing my little open eyed beauty so that I will have her by middle of next week. My artist did promise me I would have her in time for attending the doll show next week. Attending the doll show too will be a first time experience as well. I'm wanting my next little one to be a sleeping one. Which kit is your sleeping babies from?
    mypoeticspirit
    mypoeticspirit

How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story Empty Re: How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story

Post  mypoeticspirit Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm

My little preemie sleeping baby girl is the Rosebud sculpt by Cindy Musgrove. She was reborned by Briar Hill Nursery. My fullsized newborn girl is the Teddy sculpt by Secrist. Unfortunately I can't remember the artist who reborned her, but I found her on Ebay. The one I'm currently expecting is the open-eyed Paisley sculpt by Denise Pratt. She's been reborned by BabiesByHope on Etsy. I'm so excited...she's my first new reborn in 5 years!

Last edited by mypoeticspirit on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

How I first got into reborns...a bit of an odd story Empty Current Reborns

Post  Lalaboobaby Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Ok thanks for sharing that info. I'm checking those kits out on ebay.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 pm