Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Wild for Reborns is the first official reborn doll fanclub where collectors and artist are able to connect with each other and share their passion for reborn dolls

+3
mypoeticspirit
Lalaboobaby
luv4lil1s
7 posters

reborn pregnant preperations

luv4lil1s
    luv4lil1s

reborn pregnant preperations  Empty reborn pregnant preperations

Post  luv4lil1s Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:28 am

I am reborn pregnant with my first and I wanted to know if there are any moms out there would recommend for new moms to do anything special when they are expecting their first reborn? I have thought about getting a bassinet for safe keeping of the baby when I'm not holding him, but I have not purchased one yet. Also I have thought about what happens if I want to take him anywhere, I will need a carrier/car seat too, but again, I haven't done that either. I did buy a few outfits, but only because I am so excited about my first reborn that I couldn't help myself. I suppose I have not splurged on the larger items I will eventually need yet because they could be a little pricy. What do you think? Have any of you done anything special to get ready for your new reborns before they arrived? I love the youtube videos of nursery tours, but I really don't have much extra space for a nursery at the moment, so I'm not really sure what to do. Thanks for the help in advance Smile
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

reborn pregnant preperations  Empty Reborn Preparations

Post  Lalaboobaby Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:38 am

I'm expecting my first little custom baby this coming week. I went to a resale store called Once Upon A Child. I purchased a practically new condition bassinet for $45. Its the type of wheels so easily moveable and doesn't take up as much space as a full crib. Also it has storage baskets underneath. Another option if space is an issue is getting a moses basket. Check Craigslist. Real babies grow out of these items so quickly that most times they look new and parents are always selling these items. I still need to get a car seat and changing table. Will get both of those items through Craigslist. I wish you well in your soon to arrive little one.
    mypoeticspirit
    mypoeticspirit

reborn pregnant preperations  Empty Re: reborn pregnant preperations

Post  mypoeticspirit Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:02 pm

While I already have two reborns (for the past 5 years) I'm currently reborn expecting too. I had a lovely bed I made near my favorite sitting spot in the livingroom, but this newest expected arrival encouraged me to get up off my booty and finally create an actual small nursery space. You could do something as simple as making a little bed to put your little one in when you're not holding her...a cute decorated space she can call her own for quiet times. I'm currently working on 3 beds adapted from this YouTube tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klDm5L95fA8 for my girls' nursery. This particular video uses an inexpensive plastic laundry basket, but I'm actually using 3 matching drawers from an old plastic storage unit I had laying about. FantasticPhotos plans to use a carved wooden trunk for hers. There's so many possibilities out there, but a little bed of some kind might be a good place to start.
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

reborn pregnant preperations  Empty Creative beds

Post  Lalaboobaby Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 pm

I do want to try making one of those beds although I do have a bassinet. I plan to collect numerous reborns after my first arrives this week. Ohh and my reborn artist sent my babies final pics last night. OMGGGG she's adorable. I can't wait to hold her. She's weighing a nice 6 lbs, 8. oz, 19 inches long. She weights about what my RL son did as a newborn.
    luv4lil1s
    luv4lil1s

Post  luv4lil1s Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:14 am

I just wanted to share my excitement about some new items I got for the reborn I'm expecting. I don't have a youtube channel and have never made a video so I just wanted to share with you guys the things I have picked up. I found a really neat bassinet, it is portable and it can be folded up, which is great to have in case I want to take it anywhere with me when I visit family or even if I want to store the bassinet until the baby arrives or if I just run out of room and need to use the space for something else temporarily. I'm really loving this bassinet. It has a great neutral colored pattern on it and it matches my theme, which is twinkle twinkle little start, so anything with stars on it works great! I need to pick up some bedding for it or possibly make my own. I love to sew, so that would be a fun to make my own baby bedding. I also got some really adorable clothes and outfits. I did notice it is hard to find matching bottoms to make complete outfits. I guess I might have to buy a few of those new. I'm trying to pick up as many items as I can from resale, thrift, or consignment shops. It is so much less expensive! Plus I feel like it helps the community when we buy things from each other. So far that is all I've picked up. I still have a coupe things on my list that I want to get. It really is a lot of fun to work on my collection. I love you
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

reborn pregnant preperations  Empty Reborn Shopping

Post  Lalaboobaby Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Lauren sounds like you have a nice collection started. Ohh I would love to see how your bassinet turns out if you do make the bedding. Keep us posted. We're excited for you as well.
    mypoeticspirit
    mypoeticspirit

Post  mypoeticspirit Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Sounds like you got an awesome haul there! I really need to get some new clothes and things for my babies, so you've definitely convinced me to be on the lookout for a Once Upon A Child in my area. I also sew and enjoy making things for my reborns. Bedding is an excellent sewing project to make things even more personal for your little one. I'm currently working on 3 bedding sets myself, with plans of perhaps making more to change things up with the seasons. I've never made a video either...don't have a camera with that capability at the moment. I do have a YouTube channel, but only for keeping track of my subscriptions to other Reborn moms who post videos. Laughing I plan to try to figure out how to put a photo up on this forum however once I've gotten my new baby and my little nursery area is finally finished.
    luv4lil1s
    luv4lil1s

Post  luv4lil1s Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:36 pm

I hope you do get a chance to post pictures. We would love to see the beds you have put together. I haven't atempted to go shopping for fabric for my bassinet, but after shopping around online- I just haven't seen any complete sets that are what I would need. Looks like I'll be doing it myself when I get the time to pick up fabric I'll let you ladies know sunny
    luv4lil1s
    luv4lil1s

Post  luv4lil1s Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:03 am

Exciting news today. My reborn artist sent pictures of my little ones painting. He is looking so adorable. I'm excited to see how his hair turns out next. I haven't updated my haul collection yet but, I have some time off this week, so I am looking to finish up a few projects that I have started for his arrival and do a little shopping. I know I have another few weeks until he is finished but I'm very anxious to have him in my arms soon. Laughing
    mypoeticspirit
    mypoeticspirit

Post  mypoeticspirit Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Lauren619, it sounds like your little one's arrival is just around the corner indeed! I can certainly imagine how excited you must be and trying to pull everything together for him. I was exactly the same way with Phoebe Leonie...I was working like a mad woman to get the nursery completely finished in time, sewing bed coverings and bedding late into the night, and trying to pick up those special items for a happy homecoming. I was truly driven by the excitement of it all. Smile So I know just how you feel. I'm really looking forward to your delivery!
    luv4lil1s
    luv4lil1s

Post  luv4lil1s Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:13 am

Today I finished the blankets for the bassinet. They are really cute. I set the little bed up and put the bedding in it and just stood there for a moment admiring my little project. I made a matching bedding set with a receiving blanket, small comforter and baby pillow. I feel in love with the fabric I picked out. It matches my theme perfectly. I have a little extra fabric left over, so I am thinking I will try to make a lovie too. I haven't sewn anything in awhile and I really enjoyed the time I spent making my project. I am considering making a bassinet cover and hood (because the bassinet I have now doesn't have a hood) but I am looking for a sewing pattern that I like first. I would have no idea how to make a hood by myself and have not had much luck on the internet researching it. I have also started to a crochet baby quilt. I hope to have that complete soon as well. I like having projects to work on. I have always enjoying being crafty, but I would usually give away my finished items because I didn't have a little one to enjoy it. I can't wait to take some pictures of my little one in the bed all snuggled up with his blankets! sunny I love you I'm ready for him to be home soon.
    mypoeticspirit
    mypoeticspirit

Post  mypoeticspirit Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Isn't it fun to do special things for our babies? I'm really looking forward to seeing your little guy in all his new bedding when he arrives. I just know it will all be so cute! Smile
    luv4lil1s
    luv4lil1s

Post  luv4lil1s Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:16 am

Aww thank you! And I am very excited to see your new nursery expansion! Good luck!
    Abbysreborns1

Post  Abbysreborns1 Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:03 pm

For some reason I'm scared to bring my reborn out for example yesterday i had the reborn in my hand and I was so unconfident that I told her to carry it so please help me
    Abbysreborns1

Post  Abbysreborns1 Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:03 pm

Her is my sister
    luv4lil1s
    luv4lil1s

Post  luv4lil1s Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 am

Abbysreborns1, It's ok to feel silly about having your reborn out in public. If you truly want to become more comfortable with having the baby out, try little steps. Go to a park on a day that it's not busy, or walk the baby in a stroller on a bike path where not many people will want to stop you. You could even give go for a drive with the baby in the car. I think that sometimes just getting out of the house feels good. Once you feel better try places slightly more public. I don't have my little one, yet (but very soon!) but I know when he is here, I will want to take him many places with me. I love you
    reborncrazy82

reborn pregnant preperations  Empty Some stuff u could do!

Post  reborncrazy82 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:07 am

Hello i have one reborn (ive had it almost a year ) im hoping to get a boy soon my other ones a girl. And some stuff to do is dont leave them in the car without something covering them because sometimes people think there real and call the police! And be carful they will melt if they are in the soon to long! Few more things um theres i have a bassinet and i go to once upon a child its a clothes resale shop and they have tons of baby clothes and passifires!!!! there vynil can crack so watch out and be easy with them my sister and my brother dont do that so keep away from sibilings or anybody u think would break them or be uneasy with them! all i have to say and i know out of the blue but......... Do u have a youTube? lol!
    momo78

reborn pregnant preperations  Empty reborn asking

Post  momo78 Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:18 pm

how  do I tell my mom and dad I like reborns:P
    snookums56
    snookums56

reborn pregnant preperations  Empty wow

Post  snookums56 Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:01 pm

for looboo congrats keep us posted and for me I need new clothes for my chunkers daughter mya she weighs so much and I got to get her a new carseat and a full crib in my bonus room/nursery and I was wondering if anyone in Delaware has a reborn me and my friend where wondering
    momo78

reborn pregnant preperations  Empty i hope

Post  momo78 Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:10 pm

i hope I get a new reborn I had one I sold it for $30 it was not that much I want a girl I need one I need a opinon should get one for chirstmas or my birthday respond plez

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 am