Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wild For Reborns Fan Club

Wild for Reborns is the first official reborn doll fanclub where collectors and artist are able to connect with each other and share their passion for reborn dolls

+7
Rebornreily
violet12
luv4lil1s
RebornValliesMommy
mypoeticspirit
Lalaboobaby
FantasticPhotos
11 posters

I'm new to the reborn community.

FantasticPhotos
    FantasticPhotos

I'm new to the reborn community.  - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm new to the reborn community.

Post  FantasticPhotos Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:32 pm

Lalaboobaby wrote:I was thinking since my mom is going with me to the doll show next weekend that afterward we would go to a restaurant for dinner and have a cake and open a few gifts. Could be cool to record for YouTube. I'll let you know if I do that, lol. Ohh I'm going on a trip probably end of the month. I was thinking about purchasing one of those mommy slings. That way I could easily carry my reborn on the plane and around while on my trip. I'm sure I'll get some shocked looks when I proceed to take the sling off and put it in the basket to be xrayed, LOL. Folks will probably think I've lost my mind. Ohhhh my that will be funny to see the wide eyes and me having to explain.

I would love to see the baby shower if you decide to tape it. And boy, you would make a big hit on YouTube if you filmed the reaction of the people at the airport. I'm getting a sling too I just don't know which one to get.
    mypoeticspirit
    mypoeticspirit

I'm new to the reborn community.  - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm new to the reborn community.

Post  mypoeticspirit Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:51 pm

I also find it fun that we 3 are all expecting around the same time. It's like we could have met in an obstetrician's office or something. Laughing I think the idea of a shower is a great idea certainly. Imagine how much fun that would be if we all lived in the same city! But if you could pull something off with cupcakes in the office or dinner, cake and prezzies with your mom, I think that would be so much fun to see. I'm afraid the most my little one will get is a devoted and happy mum taking photos of her to post here. Unfortunately I'm not video savvy at all...at least not yet. I'm thinking that would be a good goal for me to adopt for this year however since I've just discovered all the reborn fun on YouTube. I just need to research the techy end of things because I'm rather old school and behind the times, I know!) Rolling Eyes

Oh...taking a baby in a sling through an airport would be fascinating! Just think of the looks! What a hoot!
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

I'm new to the reborn community.  - Page 2 Empty Airport With Reborn

Post  Lalaboobaby Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 pm

lol! Yes I'm laughing to myself about placing a sling with baby to go through the conveyer belt. Lawdy me...that will be funny. Regarding tech savvy...it's pretty simple if your computer offers a direct "share" to YouTube like my iMac does through using the iMovie program.
    RebornValliesMommy
    RebornValliesMommy

Location : Currently the UK but RL Son is a drummer in a heavy metal band so we travel - A LOT! :)

I'm new to the reborn community.  - Page 2 Empty Hey there!

Post  RebornValliesMommy Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 pm

Hey there, RebornValliesMommy here, hope you dont mind me bustin in on the conversation but I just wanted to introduce myself and say "congratulations" on your impending arrival Very Happy cheers

I just watched your video and can I just say that I totally agree with you about not spending loads of money on things like the car seat, and buying from the thrift store etc. I just last Monday became a reborn mommy for the first time after nearly 2 years of looking for the right baby, and I have totally fallen in love with my precious little reborn daughter (her name is Valentina Rose). I knew that I wanted a little girl as my real "baby" is a grown up young man now, so I never got the opportunity to buy things for a little girl. I have spent about a year buying things for her now, and it has been so much fun! BUT I really dont see the point in spending so much money on a reborn, no matter how much I love her (and I really do). Like you I went crazy buying everything I could get my hands on when my son was born, and he probably wore only a quarter of the things I bought. I've often thought since that time that maybe my money would have been better spent on doing things like giving to charity in his name instead.

I have found some really beautiful things for Vallie at the thrift store, and some of them were brand new. As well as financial, the other benefit is that things at the thrift store are often items that the stores are not producing anymore, so as well as being both beautiful and cheap, they are also things that are quite unusual and hard to find.

Anyway I hope it is ok that I said "Hi" - I have a new YouTube channel (you can find me under RebornValliesMommy) and I have made some videos with Vallie already, but I had to hide my USB cable from my son as he kept borrowing it and not returning it, and unfortunately I hid it so well I cant find it lol Embarassed I am going to buy another one tomorrow so I will hopefully be uploading some videos in the next couple of days and I would love it if you could check us once I've had the time to upload the videos and figure out how to use the uploader Very Happy .

Hope to "speak" with you soon, and sending you lots of hugs in the meantime xx
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

I'm new to the reborn community.  - Page 2 Empty Welcome hun

Post  Lalaboobaby Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:34 am

Of course its ok for you to hop into the convo. I saw your post in another thread. I attempted to find your channel on YouTube but it wasn't coming up for me. Hope you see my message and repost a direct link to one of your vids. My Reborn artist sent me pics of my little sweet Jazmine's head. She finished rooting her hair and is now ready to trim it. Tomorrow she puts her together and says farewell from her nursery to mine on Monday. OMG...can we say what a cute head she has, lol! cheers bounce I'm more excited now. I barely can contain myself. Normally I don't want the weekends to rush by but this time I am looking forward to going to work in that she will arrive to my job possibly Wednesday, latest Thursday.
    FantasticPhotos
    FantasticPhotos

Post  FantasticPhotos Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:05 am

Thank you so much! And I subbed to you and plan to watch your videos. You get really good deals at thrift stores when it comes to baby stuff.... It's the best way to go for a doll. I can't wait for mine to arrive. I have never been on YouTube as much as I have in this last month. I watch videos after videos. It takes guts to do a video especially a video when one speaks about their passion. I have seen so many people speak crap on the people's video. It's not just with reborns it's any video there is always a bad apple it takes guts. The shopping haul video was my first speaking video and I was so nervous... You all are just so kind.

Last edited by FantasticPhotos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

I'm new to the reborn community.  - Page 2 Empty Vid's

Post  Lalaboobaby Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:08 am

Woot! You did great with your vid. You saw mine...I even dropped one of my bottles, lol.
    RebornValliesMommy
    RebornValliesMommy

Location : Currently the UK but RL Son is a drummer in a heavy metal band so we travel - A LOT! :)

I'm new to the reborn community.  - Page 2 Empty Baby Showers etc

Post  RebornValliesMommy Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:22 am

Oh I had the same idea about the baby showers, but there isnt anyone around where I am staying at the moment that is into reborns as well. I am staying in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere - seriously guys this place makes the boondocks look sophisticated and cosmopolitan! I researched some of the local history (because there is naff all else to do here on the weekend)- checking out the gravestones in the local cemetary etc and, no kidding, there were only about 5 different surnames I could find Shocked ! Back in the day there were approx 150 residents and ONLY 5 surnames *looks knowingly at new reborn friends, hears banjo music playing in the distance........feels a little bit queasy*!!! Its a fishing village and *whispers behind hands* I swear I saw gills on someone the other day! pale LOL. Strangely there are lots of blond children though - so its a bit like a cross between "Village of the damned" and H.P Lovecraft's "Dagon" LOLOLOLOL. I'm only kidding of course but you get the picture - in my case I think a baby shower is probably ill-advised, well unless I want fishing weights and a "clean your own gills kit" for gifts! Very Happy
    luv4lil1s
    luv4lil1s

Post  luv4lil1s Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 am

Thank you ladies for the wonderful ideas you put out there! I have been looking around on ebay, but the shipping can be so expensive! I also checked out Once Upon A Child. The closest one to me was 45 minutes away, but there were actually two stores in that area and I went to them both. I got some really cute stuff. Didn't even spend over $50 for a bassinet, and three bags of clothes! (Gotta love clearance sales!) Next on my list is to work on getting a car seat. I am going to try the local goodwill stores and consignment shops around here to see what I can pick up local. I also wanted to say what cute things you have in your haul videos! How adorable! It is pretty fun that all of the new or soon to be mommies have made friends to talk about their excitement together. It's too bad we couldn't do one big baby shower together. It seems like we all wish we could celebrate with a party for our little ones but we don't seem to have very many people to share a baby shower with! I am expecting my first reborn in a few weeks. I actually got an email that my reborn artist is working on his painting and will send some pictures soon.
    Lalaboobaby
    Lalaboobaby

I'm new to the reborn community.  - Page 2 Empty Shopping

Post  Lalaboobaby Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 am

Woot for resale finds. I checked two Goodwill's and neither one had any nice newborn clothes. Matter of fact the second one near my job had none. Once Upon A Child so far is my go too unless I hit the Carter store or Walmart for new stuff. I still need a car seat and stroller. Hopefully I'l have both by next week at the latest. I'm checking Craigslist for those. Yes would be cool to do a little baby shower at home with a couple of people. Who turns down free food, lol. I'm grateful to chatting with you ladies too. The Reborn community is pretty fun. Cool
    violet12

Post  violet12 Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

hello !! I'm so excited im expecting my first re born in about 2 weeks.. I bought him from eBay, he's very realistic. The lady who made him has been re borning for 12 years. I can't wait to cuddle him.. I first saw the dolls on a tv program and since have been looking up about them.. Smile
    Rebornreily

Post  Rebornreily Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Im new to because i just got a reborn for my birthday last year and im getting another one for my birthday!!!!!
    Kaisleymygirl

Post  Kaisleymygirl Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi, My name is Sophie, and I am so excited to be a part of the wild for reborns fan club. I got my very first reborn about a week ago. I actually got her off af eBay for a GREAT price. She is the sweetest reborn. I actually found out about reborns from juliesreborns1 on YouTube. I always adored her reborns, and decided I needed one of my own. I am so excited to be a ble to share all of my thoughts a bout reborns with this community, and can't wait to get to know some of you better!
    Sophie and Elliot

Post  Sophie and Elliot Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:56 pm

My name is Sophie too
    parasiteeve9
    parasiteeve9

Post  parasiteeve9 Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Welcome to the Wild for Reborns fan club!!
    diya35
    diya35

I'm new to the reborn community.  - Page 2 Empty I am new to the Reborn world

Post  diya35 Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi all,

I started out interested in Reborn dolls for my elderly father - he suffers with dementia and read that reborn dolls is a soother for such patients. Already had it set that he will have a pair of twin monkeys... THEN I saw a photo of baby Kai reborn and fell in love with the dolls. Esp. Asian reborn babies. I made a few contacts with various artist. I tried to put a deposit down through paypal but something funky happened... So I took that as a sign not to jump in to quick.

Currently I am taking a reborn preggers test ( eBay) and hopefully it will come up positive.

Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:56 am